Provident Fund Status and Balance
Our Provident Fund Balance is managed by Central Government Company called the Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) under the Employees' Provident Funds & Miscellaneous Provisions Act (EPF and MP Act), 1952.
We have already covered various services of EPFO in this site like how to withdraw or transfer your PF Funds. In this post we are going to cover how to check your Provident Fund Status. However the official website does not have such facility but some EPF offices has this facility on their website. You have to provide your establishment code and your PF account number and the information gets displayed to you. You will have to visit the regional website through http://www.ePFindia.com/RegSites.html and check whether your area office provides such a value added service to you.
Here is step by step video for Provident Fund Status query and knowing details are the easiest options today.
This facility is meant for EPF Members/subscribers/pensioners who have submitted a claim in any of the EPFO offices across India. Using this facility one can track the status of a claim so submitted. The only pre‐requisite is you must know your PF Account Number.
1. If you know the EPF Office from where your claim has to be settled, select the same from the office drop down list.
2. On selection of office, the mandatory Region Code and Office Code will get populated automatically in the respective boxes.
3. Enter the Establishment Code in the third box – which can be of maximum 7 digits.
4. In case the Establishment Code has an extension / sub‐code, enter the same here. It can be a digit or letter as the case may be and can be of maximum 3 characters in size. Leave this field blank, if there is no extension /sub‐code to the Establishment Code.
5. Enter your account number which can be of maximum 7 digits.
6. Click on submit to get the status.
Example:‐ Case – I – PF Account Number without an extension/sub‐code to Establishment Code:
Suppose your PF Account Number is MH/35634/523 and the office is Bandra, Select Bandra from the list as under:
Note that MH and BAN has been populated already in the first two fields.
Now enter the Establishment Number:
Leave the next field – Extension – blank and enter your account number in the last field:
Now click on “Submit” to get the status.
As this is a non‐existing number, we get a “No Record Found” message. In legitimate cases, appropriate messages will be displayed.
Example: ‐ Case – II – PF Account Number without an extension/sub‐code to Establishment Code:
In case there is an Extension/Sub‐Code to the Establishment Code, say, “A”, then enter the same as under before entering the account number:
Then enter the Account Number:
Now click on “Submit” to get the status:
Again, as this is a non‐existing number, we get a “No Record Found” message. In legitimate cases, appropriate messages will be displayed.
Note: Please note that in case the claim is not entered in the system/software for some reason or it is outside the dates as mentioned in the footer of the screen above, such a record will NOT appear in this facility. In other words, ideally, a claim should have been submitted and a system generated claim ID should have been obtained for using this facility.
Hope this guide would help you all. Your comments and queries are much awaited!